Seriously considering becoming vegetarians

Jack

We travel so much in the summer that it's really not practical for us to have a garden. We are so cooped up all winter where we live that we just have to get out and about during the summer.

FrankSinatra

We are seriously considering becoming vegetarians. The health reasons and the money that could be saved each year make it an appealing thought. Have you considered this?
The amount of money you spend on meat will be a lot less than the amount of money you will need to spend on things to make sure you are getting the same nutrition in your diet.

I have never met someone who isn't a meat eater and looks healthy. Being a 6' tall man that weighs 100 pounds (an old roomie of mine) doesn't really scream healthy to me. I don't know many pro athletes that are veg only either.

Foster

There is no way I could do it. But I wouldn't even if I could, I don't pay much for my meat anyway as I go to the butchers and have a good relationship with him so never pay full price. I don't pretend to understand the health implications but I'm pretty sure that there are fats and proteins in meat that the body needs and can't get from vegetable products alone. This would mean buying supplements that raise the cost not lower it.

writer811

There's nothing wrong with that. Just make sure that you are getting enough nutrients from the plants to replace the ones that you would normally get from meat (That's why a lot of vegetarians look unhealthy. They gave up meat but didn't replace the proteins and vitamins that you can only get from meat and certain plants).

micromachne

I tried to be a vegetarian twice. In both cases, I didn't even last a week.

I'm sorry but I can't be without my burgers and stuff like that. I know they have tofu burgers and all that. But no, I want the real thing. I can't help it.

Jatelo2

We are seriously considering becoming vegetarians. The health reasons and the money that could be saved each year make it an appealing thought. Have you considered this?
If purely for health reasons and that recommended by a Doctor, then I'll consider it. But for financial or religious reasons, I would not! Life is short and the worst I can do is to condemn myself to vegetables:)