Who Stlll Gets Along With Ex?

collin

Do you still get along with your ex?

Do you still hang out with them, even sleep with them?

Give a brief (or long winded) explanation of YOUR scenario.

Victor Leigh

I haven't met my ex since we broke up. I have moved to another city and I don't feel any necessity to contact her. Our children are all adults already and they visit me as and when they want to.

Kina

Me and my ex are a roller coaster. She sleeps around alot.. to say the least. But when she is in between boyfriends, she will call me every morning to give me updates about the kids, chat a little about different things and be a "decent" person.

She would go out of her way to make sure I get the kids and will change up her schedule if I need her to for work reasons.

But when she has a boyfriend, she does a total 180. She will not call me, she was always being a "bitch", she would threaten me. If I wanted to get my kids I had to drive all the way to her house 1.5 hours away.

I can always tell when her new guy is around because when I did call her on the phone she would act real cocky with a snappy attitude. I guess she is trying to impress him.

Her current state is Newly married... and I am already having problems with her.

Last edited:

joeldgreat

I've got five before I settle up with the last one. All of them were married now. The first four had a very nice broke-up and still friends up to now. But the broke-up in the last one seems to be not in good shape. We never actually broke-up officially. Since she went abroad and actually find someone better than me. I'm actually one of the godfather of the first two's babies.

Andersson

I only deal with my ex when I need to, we are not buddies and unless it involves our child together (direct or indirect) we really have no reason to talk. We are not mean to one another by any means but we were just never a good fit for each other and now later in life, we accept that.

themdno

Kina, that's too bad about your ex, it's sucks when people can be like that. I understand keeping a little distance from you, as you're her ex. But, it's not cool to make it difficult to talk about your kids.

R. Paradon

I was married only one time and that was enough for me...had lots and still do have relationships but no knot tying.

I try to get along with my ex as for a long time she lived in the same community as I did but all she could say (to everybody who would listen) was how I ruined her life and bla bla bla. I would have forgotten her a long time ago but my kids think it is nice that I don't.

Now that I live about 8000 miles away in another country she will email me occasionally to reinforce that I have ruined her life. I divorced her in 1978 and you'd think she would have gotten over it by now!

Victor Leigh

I was married only one time and that was enough for me...had lots and still do have relationships but no knot tying.

I try to get along with my ex as for a long time she lived in the same community as I did but all she could say (to everybody who would listen) was how I ruined her life and bla bla bla. I would have forgotten her a long time ago but my kids think it is nice that I don't.

Now that I live about 8000 miles away in another country she will email me occasionally to reinforce that I have ruined her life. I divorced her in 1978 and you'd think she would have gotten over it by now!
Just curious. You went 8000 miles away and she still has your email address? Why didn't you just kill that email address and make a new one?

psmith140

I see my ex almost every day, she lives round the corner from me but we are both married now with different partners. It doesn't really bother me, we get on quiet well and their is no awkwardness. Guess we were just lucky to end on mutual terms I suppose.

OldPopNLk

No way man.
My ex is bi polar. I know everyone says that about their ex girl, but I'm serious. She is really crazy. I just pick up the kids and move on.

JCJ

We have joint custody of our son, so I see my ex a lot. Actually, we're semi-dating again after being divorced for several years. Aside from that, we get along great and have all along. We were distant with each other for about 6 months post-divorce, but after that things smoothed out and have been problem free since. "Dating" her again may not be a good decision, but it's happening and so far it is going great. I guess we'll see what happens. Perhaps some things change with age and maturity?

taskeinc

I would not get near my ex-wife with a 50 foot pole (literally or figuratively, if you know what I mean) .. She's still attractive, still looks very nice physically but she's one woman who has the mental characteristics that clearly reminds one that, "all that glitters is not gold." That is the one lesson I learned from our 6-year marriage.

She's married twice since our divorce 13 years ago and is on hubby #4. I was her 2nd husband. I've only been married once. My experience in that one marriage has made it extremely difficult for me to do it again, and I doubt that I'll ever remarry.

Why? Because, over time, I've enjoyed raising my kids (I was awarded full custody when they were 3 & 4, now 16 & 17), have become somewhat set in my ways, can watch football all-day Sunday if I chose to do so, and there's some credibility to the adage, "why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?" This can be accomplished by telling women the truth about your intentions, and by protecting yourself from fathering children out of wedlock and STD's by using prophylactics.

Fortunately, my ex relocated to another state about 10 years ago, a couple years after our divorce, so we rarely see each other. Even though it's been 13 years, I am still very uncomfortable being in the same room with her.

tommymac

I get along fairly well with my ex. She made a lot of bad decisions in her life which resulted in me getting full custody of our daughter. The ex is still recovering and working towards sobriety, so I feel like a big brother at times, often telling her to make good choices, etc etc

micromachne

I get along with my ex as far as being civil to each other. But unfortunately, we still have an air of animosity out there and it's visible sometimes.

Foster

I still speak to my ex on occasion but only to arrange seeing my son as they have moved away from where we used to live. I call him twice a week but never have to speak to her as she just puts him on the phone. She does go through phases though, sometimes she's ok sometimes she tries to start an argument.

BigDaddy

I moved 3000 miles away over an ocean to get away. Im not sure if we could ever be friends again. She wont let the fact that we are no longer together go. She wants to keep living like nothing has changed financially and she expects me to foot the bill. I fell for it out of guilt for the children but then the kids said she wasnt spending anything on them and they had basic needs that were going unmet like school clothes and supplies. I have them now and she is sooo angry about her little "paydays" being taken away. I dont have anything bad to say about her personally, she just doesnt have her prioritys strait.

edvisual

Do you still get along with your ex?

Do you still hang out with them, even sleep with them?

Give a brief (or long winded) explanation of YOUR scenario.
I think that if you brake up with someone, it's better for both of you to lay back, especially for a while. If things were working out great, you would never separate and take separate roads.

Jatelo2

Do I get along with her, yes
Do I hang out with her,, yes
But do I sleep with her, NO...
If I did she wouldn't be my ex but wife or partner

Spudfyre

My ex and I left on mutual terms and at the time of the split were determined that we would work together in the best interest of our son. The first few years were difficult, but now we are able to mingle within each other's lives very well, cover for each other, adjust access times and maintain a working friendship.