Who Stlll Gets Along With Ex?

ghanashyam

Though I do not have ex, one of my friend was having ex and after divorce they realized that they were more suitable to each other rather than strangers they were trying to match up. Today, they are staying together but of course without marriage.

JRDeep

I've got a couple of ex girlfriends who I still chat with every now and then. I never had a really bad breakup before. Guess I'm lucky. I've managed to keep a few of them as good friends after the relationship faltered. My wife just rolls her eyes whenever I'm on the phone with one of my ex's The little inside jokes and comments go over her head. lol

footballtim

Do you still get along with your ex?

Do you still hang out with them, even sleep with them?

Give a brief (or long winded) explanation of YOUR scenario.
When I got divorced in 1994, my ex and I still saw each other occasionally. There were never any hard feelings. We just simply grew apart as a married couple. We were easily able to put the cheating behind us because we both knew why it happened. However, nine years after our divorce, I got a call from one of her creditors asking for my help in paying one of her bills that started out as being in both of our names. I explained to them that we are divorced and the bill is only in her name now. So after not having contact with my ex for about seven years, I called her and told her that someone would probably be bugging her soon if they have not already. Then I proceeded to try to give her a lesson in finances, and she actually listened this time.:confused:

roncar

I'm married now, but my ex and I get along great. I go make her and her new husband dinner every couple of months. In exchange, her husband, whose a doctor, gives me free BP meds since my company dropped my health insurance last year. Saves me a bundle on this. I'm glad we all get along.

My wife, on the other hand, had a really rough patch with her first husband after they divorced. It took years before they could be friendly again.

youngone

I do not talk to any of my ex girlfriends. I don't see a point in keeping in contact with them, they are ex's for a reason and I don't believe you can be friends with an ex. I'm rather cynical about friendship between men and women in general, let alone your ex!

JRDeep

I do not talk to any of my ex girlfriends. I don't see a point in keeping in contact with them, they are ex's for a reason and I don't believe you can be friends with an ex. I'm rather cynical about friendship between men and women in general, let alone your ex!
A relationship between a man and a woman isn't that different than a regular friendship between two dudes. You share a common interest. that cynicism wasn't present when you were a kid, playing with little girls in school. It's a learned trait.

You can end a relationship without throwing an emotional grenade at the other person, but it seems like such a temping opportunity that most can't pass up when the time comes.

footballtim

I get along with my ex although we have not made any contact in 9 years. We had a very amicable divorce. It helped that there were not any children involved. Our divorce was very easy and very inexpensive because we agreed on everything. If I called her up right now, we would probably talk for a long time. Sometimes two people are better off as friends than lovers.