Your friend cheating

Mohidad

What would you do if you knew that a friend of yours was cheating on his wife? Would you tell the wife, or get her know about that in one or another way? What if it would lead to divorce?

Independent

I have no idea what I would do. I don't think I would tell the wife or get involved. I think that can only backfire. I guess I would try to get my friend to stop cheating or to be honest with his wife.

Sportsfanatic

I have firm beliefs against people cheating on the person they have chosen to be with. If they want to have sex with someone else, then get out of the relationship first. That being said, I don't know what I'd do either. I don't think I could get involved other then telling the friend what I think and that he should tell her. I don't think I would consult her with that information.

Walker

I have been in the situation and first off he's my friend not his wife. I told him my opinion on the subject and that was that. It's not my place to get involved in someone else's relationship, because I don't like it when others try to get involved in mine.

bighelp

I have a very low tolerance for cheaters, those either attempting to get with me (when I was single), those I dated or those I knew. If they cheat at one thing what makes you think they would not in the future. I would tell the wife and disown the friend.

Bishop

It's a tricky question, since she might end up not believing you and you would lose the friendship of both. I tend to prefer to not get involved in other couples business, since the messenger always gets shot.

jimscharger

The only thing I will say about this is that I know first hand how getting involved and thinking you are doing the right thing can have horrible consequences that you might not realize at the time. If you aren't close friends with the wife, then counseling your friend is all you should be doing. Let it blow up all on its own if that is what it's going to do. When you pull the pin out of the grenade, you can never put it back in. You have no way of knowing how far reaching the fall out will be. Good luck, man.

Clive

I think I would just give my friend my opinion and be there for him and stay out of it with the wife. I have no tolerance for cheaters, but I don't think I would stick my nose in something this serious.

erin

I think it would be inappropriate for a man to tell another woman that her husband is cheating on her. Is your wife friends with her? Why don't you see what she says.