Alcohol causes cancer-latest!

stewy

My newspaper today isn't very optimistic. This article tells us that even one pint a day can cause cancer! I'm glad I don't drink, although I don't believe everything I read in the news!

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I guess that it is like milk and eggs. They will be bad for you one day, and good for you the next. But people drank it for thousands of years, I see no problem with moderation.

Zebeddee

You have to balance this latest 'risk' against the good it can do you to have a few drinks with friends. I can't imagine the miserable life people would lead if they tried to follow the directives we are bombarded with every week.

stewy

You have to balance this latest 'risk' against the good it can do you to have a few drinks with friends. I can't imagine the miserable life people would lead if they tried to follow the directives we are bombarded with every week.
Agreed! What is it they say, you won't actually live longer if you deprive yourself of everything you enjoy that's bad for you. Life will just be so miserable it will seem longer!

Jdrake

Ak, I don't drink that much these days, but I do like my glass of wine at the end of the night. I used to drink more than I should have. I guess it is to late for me, might as well keep having my glass of wine.

Salazar

I like my wine with dinner, a cold beer after working in the yard, and a rum and coke when I'm out with friends. Everything causes cancer these days, so I'm going to keep on enjoying myself.

Howard

A pint of alcohol a day seems like a significant amount to me....that's the amount mentioned that can cause cancer. Medical science says that one drink a day is actually good for your health, unless your one drink consists of a pint....

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Reminds me of this joke:

After a routine physical exam a 50 year old
man was told by his doctor that he was doing
"fairly well" for his age.Concerned,the
man asked,Do you think I'll live to be 80?"
"Do you smoke,drink or do drugs?"the
doctor asked.
The man said,"Nope."
"Do you eat lots of red meat?"the doctor asked.
"Nope." the man said."My last doctor said told me
I shouldn't."
The doctor said,"Do you spend a lot of
time in the sun engaging in such activities as
golfing,sailing,hiking or cycling?"
The man said,"nope."
The doctor then asked,"Do you gamble,
drive fast cars or engage in lots of unprotected
sex?"
" Nope",the man answered.
"Well," the doctor said,"then why do you
even give a care how long you live?"