Starting over at middle-age!!

Pucknut87

I just turned 43 last month. My oldest daughter just turned 21, my son is 17, and my baby girl is 16 today. I am now newly remarried to a wonderful 34 year old woman, and now have a 15 year old stepson and an 11 year old daughter. My wife and I learned last week that we are expecting in August!! I had a vasectomy 4 years ago that we learned has reconnected, so we were not at all expecting this, and to be honest, I am in shock. I have great children that I worked my tail off to raise to be responsible, hard-working, well-adjusted kids...and the thought of starting over at my age terrifies me. Looking for similar age men who have been in this situation, as I need all the support, advice, and encouargement I can get!!

polamalu43

Wow, congrats! I'm not in your shoes but I say congrats to you. I'm sure it will all work out for the best. A whole new chapter in your life. Luck to you man!

Lorenzo

Congratulations to you and your wife! A baby is always a blessing no matter what age we're in. I'm turning 42 this year and although I'm not in the same situation as you, I know for sure that everything will work out on your end, seeing how good you've raised your kids. Just think of this new chapter in your life as an adventure - something you can enjoy and learn from. And, don't forget, you have had experience, so you will do well no matter if you think otherwise :)

Pucknut87

Thanks to both of you! I'd like to look at this as maybe God felt that I raised my kids right and is now giving me the chance to do it again?
I had to undergo open heart surgery to replace a torn heart valve in 2009, and my left lung was perm paralyzed in the process....just a freak thing...but it concerns me that I'm not as young as I used to be. God makes no mistakes tho, right?....so this must all be meant to be. I have to admit tho, I feel "younger" just thinking about it all. ;)

Michael

We have a friend whose wife became pregnant when he was 55. He's now 80 and has a wonderful grown daughter with grandchildren. He was married late in life at age 50 and never expected to have children or grandchildren. I'd say you have a lot to look forward to. Congratulations!

Victor

I can understand your shock, but what a blessing! You will be fine and as the others said, your prior experience will help a lot. :)